The new features on the Gen5:
1. nDLC finish for barrel and slide – GLOCK‘s nDLC provides tougher, more durable protection than previously used finish. The nDLC finish is exclusive to the GLOCK manufacturing process. The nDLC finish increases protection against corrosion and scratching and improves the ability of the pistol to function in degreased or adverse conditions. The nDLC finish will be exclusive to Gen5 pistols at this time.
2. GLOCK Marksman Barrel – The GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) features new barrel rifling which delivers improved accuracy.
3. Removal of the finger grooves on the grip – Removing the finger grooves improves the ergonomics of the grip. The absence of finger grooves improves the ability of the pistol to deliver a consistently comfortable grip to a wider range of consumers, regardless of their finger size and whether or not gloves are worn.
4. Ambidextrous Slide Stop Lever – The ambidextrous slide stop lever makes it easier for gun owners to quickly, safely and comfortably manipulate the slide whether they are left-handed or right-handed.
5. Flared mag-well – The larger opening of the flared mag-well makes it easier to funnel the magazine into the mag-well, particularly in high-stress situations where fractions of seconds matter.
6. GLOCK Gen5 Magazine – The new GLOCK Gen5 magazine comes with an orange follower and a floor plate which is extended at the front for faster magazine change.